Saturday, June 4, 2011

Step One, Don't Say Anything


Since our TV in Provo was basically a glorified piece of garbage, Natalie and I left it behind when we moved to Houston. And in our short time in the 77021, we've done a lot and seen much. But buying said TV's replacement, we have not done.

This is why, for the first two games of the NBA finals, I've been huddled around our laptop listening to the live feed of ESPN radio's broadcast (Mike Tirico actually does a first rate job with the play-by-play). I have no words for what I heard last night. I have since seen the highlights. Still, no words.

That's why I'm not going to say anything about game 2, or any subsequent game, for the rest of the series. I was contemplating writing an extended piece about how Dirk is not Obi-Wan Kenobi following what I figured would be the Mavs' game 2 loss. I was planning on sharing all of the relevant comparisons that Ben Wagner and I had listed for this year's Finals, including Ben's latest comparing of Dirk to John Connor and LeBron to the Terminator. Let those analogies hence be outsourced to Ben, if the world is to ever hear them. For I will say nothing about this series until it is over. It means too much and my thoughts are too unprocessed.

Until that time, good night Mavericks fans. And good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment